Friday, August 13, 2010

Manga we're Reading: NANA

 
     Kimi and I have both been reading Nana by Ai Yazawa.  She's read all 21 volumes, I'm up to 16, but I can still comment on this book.  It's really good.  I think it would even crack my top 5 manga of all time, barely.  Alot of you probably no the basics as it's had 21 books, a lengthy anime series and a live action movie.  I might have left some stuff out, like the PS2 game and numerous albums.  Anyway it's about two very different girls named nana, a rare name, who end up moving away from home, and living together in Tokyo.  It's a typical shojo title focusing on the girls, their friends, and relationships.  However, the characters come across as imediately likeable, flawed and very believable.  It's well written, poignant and funny, and the artwork is quite good.  This book has style.  I can highly recommend this unless you don't like Shojo.  In which case I suggest you try reading some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment